Monday, April 13, 2015

April Fool's 2015

Another one for the books!

After not feeling well last year while surviving on newborn baby amounts of sleep, I was ready for April Fool's this year.  I played dirty by starting the night before because it's the only way to get Chad on the easy ones (cup of water above the door, flavoring in his water bottle, etc.) I hope I don't live to regret that next March 31st!

We also didn't give the boys a fair warning the day before, so they were both super confused waking up to painted toenails, fake black eyes and cups of water above their doors.  It was a look of utter disappointment that Bryce gave us when his jammies got all wet.

They quickly warmed up, though, and made the right choice between orange pancakes and plain-color pancakes (take the orange!).  My best joke of the morning was putting oragel on Chad's toothbrush so his mouth got all numb, ha!  Like last year, Bryce was still trying to figure out what makes a funny joke--NOT writing with marker on the wall or throwing cups of water on someone's face.  He made a good point, though, "You got ME all wet with a cup of water!"

Caden's friends wanted to play a trick on him after school so while he was in the bathroom they hid in the laundry room and when he came out I told him they said he hadn't been nice so they went home.  He got pretty upset and wasn't thrilled when they jumped out saying April Fool's.  I felt bad that he was so sad.  I'll skip that one next year.

We ended with a bang by putting gold fish in my inlaw's bathroom sink.  Happy Birthday, Norm!

Ah. I survived.  Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I have never met anyone as die hard about April fools than the Schow clan! I love it. Such a fun tradition!!

    ReplyDelete