Thursday, February 5, 2015

Snow

I better get my snow pictures up!  I think I was hoping for a few more big dumps to post about, but spring weather is here.  Although, in Utah that means nothing.

After the big snow on Christmas, we had the whole break to enjoy it.  We brought the sleds up from storage and went through the fun task of finding matching mittens, boots, pants and coats for everyone.  Unfortunately, Caden came down with the flu and missed the entire thing.  Bryce, however, is always good for some fun outside and stuck with me through all the shoveling and clearing.



I brought Tessa out for her first snow experience.  She just sat there so still, not moving.  I tried to get her to feel it with her fingers but she wasn't budging.

There is a hill to sled down in the middle of our neighborhood so we met all of the neighbor kids out there.  It was so sad to see lots of Caden's friends while he was sleeping on the floor in the hallway at home (apparently, he just couldn't make it to the couch.)  Bryce was so shy without Caden there, and finally would only go down with Bailey.

A few days later, Bryce wanted to go sledding but I wasn't up for trekking all over so our driveway it was.  We took Tessa down a few runs and she loved it.





Luckily Caden started feeling better in time to enjoy some four-wheeler sledding at Grandma and Grandpa's.  He biffed it pretty good on one run and told me he got "steamed like a hot dog on a BBQ grilling..." whatever that means.



There is nothing like waking up to a calm, white morning.   I can't help but hope we get one more good snowfall before the winter is through.  



No comments:

Post a Comment