Monday, December 16, 2013

Thanksgiving Surprise

When Chad and I went to my 20 week ultra-sound, we asked the technician to just write down the gender and seal it in an envelope.  She claimed she couldn't tell, so the doctor came in to check and said she was "fairly confident" about what it was.  She wrote it down, sealed it up, and we were on our way.

While we didn't find out with the first two what we were having until they were born, I wanted to try finding out this time.  My main motivation was my boys.  I wanted us to be all together as a family and have it be a fun thing to remember finding out together, especially for Caden who was absolutely certain it was a girl this time.  I made a girl blanket at the beginning of my pregnancy and kept telling him, "If you're wrong...your baby brother is going to have to have this flower blanket on his bed!"

I talked with Caden about different things we could do: balloons, a cake, a wrapped present...his complaint with all of those is that someone (the baker, whoever wrapped the present) would find out before him and he wanted to be the first to know.  So we went with it and on Thanksgiving morning, he opened the envelop and read us the results.


We don't know what it is...


Opening the envelop...



GIRL 
"I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT!!!"

Caden's attempt at getting a picture of Chad and I.


It was really fun to find out as a family that we're having a baby sister!  We have watched the video of Caden opening it over and over.  After it was all done I accused Chad of peaking and he did the same to me because neither of us were that surprised.  I was so much sicker this time around. Also, as Chad pointed out, when the technician didn't dare tell us, it was a give away since one gender is harder to recognize than the other.  

Though I have to say, the doctor's words of being only "fairly certain" it's a girl still cross my mind...

3 comments:

  1. I knew it! But not really. I thought you were having another boy. But I am so, so, so excited to see just how beautiful your girl will be, just like your boys. And I am so relieved that she is healthy and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your daughter is going to be so darling!!! I love that Caden didn't want anyone else to see it first. Congrats to you guys, can't wait to meet your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!! WE LOVE GIRLS! I hope you are feeling well and what wonderful big brothers that little sweetie will have. LOVE YOU! xoxo

    ReplyDelete