Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hard work






One of the features our new house came with is dirt.  Alot of dirt.  And while Chad has visions of beautiful landscapes, summer BBQs, a fruit orchard and tall red maple trees, I sometimes just see a lot of work.  But Chad reminds me every time I mention this that we want to teach our boys hard work, that work can be fun, and is really good for us.   After I watched Chad and Caden spend nearly 4 hours outside planting trees, I'm beginning to believe him.


Round two...Front yard.

 On this day Bryce came out to "help" which always ups the entertainment on a project.





Bryce taking cover when the wind picked up.  I love that little tuft of hair poking out.




6 comments:

  1. I will admit that yard of yours does look intimidating! But Chad's right, someday it will be lovely! I just wish trees grew faster....we had NONE in our backyard when we moved in, and it took us a couple years to get to planting them. Good call to start planting them right after you moved in!!!
    And how cute is Bryce in that bucket?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryce must have been pushing hard to get out of the wind for hair to poke through! So cute! Chad is a great Dad & hard worker to help your boys learn a good work ethic... It requires even more effort on the part of the adult. :) love your new

    ReplyDelete
  3. House. Can't wait to see house you decorate your new space. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is this house? Gosh you guys are all grown up now! I can't wait to hear more and see more of it. Congrats and good luck on that yard! At least its not a farm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally some pictures of the house! Looks amazing! And yes, the hard work will be fun with those little boys and help them learn to work. I remember working on my parents yard, garden, and farm growing up and I may have complained a little, but I look back on those memories and love it. It taught me how to work for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The house is gorgeous, and just as the pioneers did in their time, the yard will be beautified too. So glad you guys are back!

    ReplyDelete