Monday, October 13, 2014

Summer 2014



Sure it’s October, but we can still reminisce about summer, right?
Gratefully, my apprehensions about a long summer with endless days of entertaining my boys were for naught.  We quickly got into a groove which included daily swims, picnics and plenty of popsicles.

One night we were heading to a neighbor's wedding.  I told Caden to run up and change and I’d meet him to do his hair soon.  A few minutes later, he called from the bottom of the stairs, “Presenting...CADEN!” and stepped out like this.  He was so proud of combing his hair all on his own.
The funny thing is, about an hour later, he told us his head hurt and he couldn’t move his hair. lol.

I love having so many girl cousins for Tessa.  She’ll never go without someone to play with.

Love all the thighs going on in this picture of Tessa and Kambree:


So cute how Tessa is reaching over to grab Lexi:


A majority of our summer days were spent at the pool.  Caden is a great swimmer--he's always loved it.  Bryce took a bit of warming up, but was definitely better by the end of the summer.  It was my happy place...sitting by the side of the pool watching the kids swim.  

There were a few days I would tell Caden that I couldn't bring myself to go swimming that day.  It was usually on a Friday after 4 straight days and I'd say, "I just can't handle getting everyone in swimming suits, sunscreened, shoes on, snacks, towels, and loading us in to the pool."  But almost every time I proclaimed that, I'd change my mind around 3:00 in the afternoon and we'd end up there anyway.  


-
The boys were so brave to go down the slide alone.  Even Bryce would go down all by himself.  That's them on the stairs in this picture.  I heart those stairs and the way they would wear my boys out whilst I sat on a lounge chair at the bottom.


And, of course, Tessa got cuter.  Her personality is starting to come out and we love getting to know this new person.




No comments:

Post a Comment