Thursday, October 16, 2014

Bryce


Bryce is usually the first kid up in our house.  He wanders around, hangs out with Chad for a bit, then requests his daily cup of coconut milk.  This morning he and I sat on the front porch and watched the sunrise together--it was so fun.

Later on, after Caden goes to school and Tessa lays down for a nap, it's back to just Bryce and I spending a majority of the day together.  We do some jobs, work on his "school work" and play outside together.  I spend a lot of QT with him.

Like any 3 year old, Bryce has funny quirks and is figuring out how the world works.  He will only wear certain clothes, changes several times a day, and has to wear pajamas at nap time.  


He insists on holding Tessa the second she wakes up--something that she tolerates for about 2 seconds.  She usually has a bottle once a day and he loves helping her take it.  Even on this day when he hadn't had a nap and was falling asleep while giving it--


Lately I have learned to watch what I say as so many of his sentences start with, "Remember you said...?"  It isn't until I have all of it repeated back to me that I realize how many things I say in a day.

Also, when I ask him to do something and he doesn't do it and I ask again,  he will sometimes say, "O-KAAAY.  If you'll stop saying that I'll do it!"  Little sass monster.  

He'll also say to me randomly when someone walks by us at the store or park, "I hate that lady, mom." And when I give him a sad look he asks, "But...do you love her?"

Bryce still idolizes Caden.  Caden can talk Bryce into anything.  The other day I heard Caden whisper to him, "If you let me go first, I'll give you a thousand pieces of candy..." and poor Bryce buys it.  Some day he'll wisen up.  

Bryce loves getting in the bath.  If anyone in our house is bathing, he feels it his right to also be bathing.  The other morning he poured half the bubble bath in while I was getting dressed.  When I turned around he just said, "Sorry, mommy. Are you mad?"

But how can I be mad at this face?













2 comments:

  1. I would totally be okay with more posts about Bryce... he is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so funny! That kid I tell you! There is something about the second borns around the Gourleys thatI just cannot help but laugh at their little quirks and personalities. I totally agree with Shayli, I vote more Bryce posts.

    ReplyDelete