Sunday, July 6, 2014

Summer

Summer is in full swing around here.  I'll admit...I was dreading it.  The school year brought me quiet afternoons while Bryce and Tessa napped and Caden was at school--learning and having someone else fill his time with enriching activities.  I was less than thrilled to be giving that up.  

However (knock on wood, cross my fingers it continues) it's actually going really well, in fact, I'd say I probably prefer it to the school year.  We've gotten into a pretty good routine--usually jobs first thing in the morning followed by swimming and lunch, naps for the little 2 while Caden and I do a few math and reading activities before he heads off to a friend's to play or watches a show. 

Here is Caden and company at Kindergarten graduation. 
Corbyn, Canyon, Spencer and Caden

And the same 4 kids the very next day, living the life as 6 year olds with "no more teachers, no more books..."



 While I do miss my alone time, and grocery store trips are few and far between, we're enjoying the carefree time together.

1 comment:

  1. You're such a good mom doing reading and math activities with Caden. Chris has asked me if I will do that kind of stuff with our future kids and I'm not really sure I can say I'll be able to do math activities with them haha! I'm sure he asks because he knows you do that with your kids :)

    ReplyDelete