Thursday, July 10, 2014

Friends

I've been missing California.  A lot.

But, I just have to look at pictures like these to remind myself of why I love living here.  Not only do my boys have plenty of cousins to hang out with, there are so, so many good kids in our neighborhood for them to play with.  There is something like 14 five or six year olds around the block.  You just have to open the door and say the word "otterpop" for them to come swarming over.

On this particular day, I was watching Canyon and Krue for awhile.  They were some of the first friends we made in the neighborhood and every morning Caden asks to go play there.

I challenged Canyon and Caden to make something out of legos that would hold an egg.  They loved it and built several different things, so excited each time to test them.



  Krue and Bryce are getting old enough to have conversations together.  One day Bryce asked Krue, "Do you love your daddy?" And Krue replied, "Yes."  A few minutes of quiet went by then Krue asked, "Do you love your daddy?"  It makes me laugh to hear them learning social skills.

I LOVE this next picture. They are so similar, even putting their flip flops on opposite feet.

2 comments:

  1. You're such a good writer! I loved the Lego egg holder idea! Do you have more ideas like this to share? I need some ideas for Dallin who cannot think for himself! And the Krue/Bryce conversation was the cutest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be a part of this gang. What are their requirements? Does one HAVE to be a 5 year old boy? Or live in Utah . . .

    ReplyDelete