Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The state of our socks


A lot of people told me that child #3 was the hardest.  They said it was the one that would put you over the edge and that if I could do 3 kids, then I may as well go to 10.
I don't know if the transition has been hard, but it sure is busy.  And I have had to let some things go.  Just ask the three framed pictures sitting on my living room floor waiting for months to be hung.
Apparently another thing that I've let go is putting my children in matching socks.  I didn't even notice I had done this until I overheard Caden telling Tessa they were matching with only one solid sock each.  I thought it was funny until I checked out Bryce, who was also not matching. Then I just felt it a little pathetic.
So what did I do?  Grab my camera.  Because if I'm heading over the edge, at least I want to document it.

And for the record, my own socks DID match that day.  That's something that will probably change if we spring for child #4, though.

4 comments:

  1. My socks hardly ever match.... what's my excuse? haha I'm doomed when I have kids! Hopefully you can give me some pointers since you've seemed to have mastered juggling three kids. Love those little nugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends moms had a sock basket at her house. She just put all the kids socks in that basket and if they wanted a match they found one otherwise they just grabbed 2 pairs and went with the mismatched pair. As I have more children and more socks this idea becomes better and better for me. I thought it was crazy because my mom was the matching queen but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. You are awesome if they have matched for this long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Love it! Yep, child #3 was my "I'm too busy for anything now!" child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to sum up being a mom of three!

    ReplyDelete