Monday, August 5, 2013

Graduation Week

It seemed everyone was feeling fun and festive the week of graduation.  I swear Chad spent more time with some of his classmates than me the first three years of school.  During his fourth year all of his rotations were away from campus, so for everyone to be back together felt like a party reunion.

Bonfire and BBQ at the beach

                                     

Senior Dinner Dance.  It felt like Prom, except for we left kids at home and I started yawning around 10:30.
                                                          

The day after graduation, we took the whole family to Disneyland.  It was one of my favorite days there, seeing how excited Grandma Schow was at all the magic, and Grandpa saying all day, "I just don't know how they do this."



Bryce holding his Great-Grandpa's hand:



Two of Chad's classmates (Scot and Yesenia) got married the Saturday after graduation.  It was a very Catholic wedding, which I had never been to before.  That night they held a garden reception followed by a dinner and dance.

During the reception, one of the young cousins became frantic because a pigeon had flown into a window and was injured.  She took the pigeon to the groom and all of the new vets gathered around to give their two cents while the groom examined it.



I think I got more emotional saying good bye to Chad's classmates then he did.  They have all eaten around my table, played with my little boys and some even spent a night on my couch.  When I didn't see Chad for weeks or a month at a time, he was with them working on a dairy farm or staying in Nebraska dorm rooms.  After promises of visits and future wedding invitations we completed our graduation week celebrations and said our good-byes.

No comments:

Post a Comment