Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Review: December 2012







Chad took his board exams December 4th and then had a three and a half week break.  Yea!  It was such a stress free month.  I wish I could go back and re-live those days again and again.  I will definitely miss long breaks like this when real life hits.


We packed in as many Christmas-related activities as we could.  One of my favorites was the “Candlelight Celebration” at Disneyland. It was an event that you had to enter a sort of lottery to get tickets, and Chad was drawn out.   I didn’t really know what to expect before we went.  I knew it was a large choir and orchestra concert, all lit in candlelight, focusing on the nativity, but that was it. 

We had to check-in early and get our wristbands, then wait a while to be seated.  It was held outside in front of the main square. When it started, the singers all walked in, up the aisles, and to the stage holding candles. I was blown away by how beautiful the music was.  The narrator did a great job.  It was pretty much just the nativity story read straight from the Bible, with a few added points.  One of my favorite points was that a humble baby, born in a poor carpenter home has had more of an impact on the human race than all the kings, rulers, armies, philosophers, and presidents in the world. 

At the end, when the choir sang the Hallelujah chorus, I was so touched as the entire audience stood.  There was just something about being in Disneyland, which is not considered a very reverent place, as everybody of different cultures and faiths, stood together to worship the Savior.  It was a very beautiful moment for me.



Lights at Los Angeles Temple:


Caden at his preschool pajama party:

Salt Lake Temple lights:

Sledding in the back field.  The kids did this for hours.  Playing with cousins never gets old for my boys.






One happy camper found the sucker stash:



No comments:

Post a Comment