Monday, September 3, 2012

Summer

There is something about summer--swimming, popsicles, barbeques--that I can never get enough of.  I was really happy to spend a month of summer in Utah.  While Chad completed his second clinical rotation for the year in Spanish Fork, the boys and I kept busy.  I loved that Caden and Bryce got to do so many things that I loved doing as a kid.

We spent a lot of time with the cousins.  Sometimes it was meeting at Artic Circle for free kiddie cones or others at a splash pad for a pizza picnic...we never ran out of cousins from either side or activities to entertain us.  

Sometimes all you need is a hole in a field and you're good for awhile.

The biggest bummer of the month came in the form of a stomach flu passed from one person to the next.  Caden literally slept for three days straight.

On the 4th of July we went to Strawberry for fishing.  Toward the end of the morning we all emptied our pockets for a prize.  We came up with movie tickets, a king size Snickers bar, some loose change and a few bucks for the winner.  Jon was reeling in the winning fish when my brother Mike flung his pole up over his head, with a flying fish to follow, to win it all.  






Chad had a great experience at the clinic.  They kept him busy, including an emergency call one Saturday night around 8 pm.  A foal had fallen in a window well and had broken through the glass when trying to climb out.  Chad and the doctor cleaned and stitched the horse until 2 in the morning. All in a days work I guess.

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking today about how much I miss Caders and Bryce. I hope we can live closer once school is over, so they can grow up together! Love and miss all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You r so gorgeous!!! I am bummed I missed you this summer:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a blast in Utah.

    ReplyDelete