Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I don't know how many times we've driven home to Utah---counting Christmases, missionaries, family pictures, just-becauses---it's been quite a few.  And every time we are on I-15 near St. George, I tell Chad that I want to stop at Zion's National Park, since I've never been there.  So we finally planned a stop on our latest trip.  The problem was it was at the end of our trip to Utah, on our way home, and when I was packing days earlier, it was the farthest thing on my mind.


 It quickly became apparent that we were not prepared.  We were all in flip flops, with no hats, strollers, baby carriers and in whatever clothes we'd worn that morning.  But I was determined, and Chad was an incredibly helpful hiking partner.  We hiked all over that park, taking turns carrying Bryce and alternating between piggy-backs with Caden and bribing with skittles to keep him moving.  And I'm so glad we did.


 
Caden really was a good sport.  He stopped to talk to whoever would listen.  On our last hike of the day some lady called out to us, "Hey!  Spiderman!"  She recognized him from earlier in the day when Caden had described to her how to tell if a spider is poisonous.



All day, Chad and I talked about coming back just the two of us and what hikes we'd do, and how fast and far we could go. Someday that will be nice, but these days, I'm happy to pack extra skittles.


3 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm glad you packed extra skittles too. Keep up the adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have never been! Someday we will have to be adventurous and try it out! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you have never been there before! Of all the times our family went to St. George together, you'd think they would have taken us there. I want to go back there someday for sure. I am determined to go to Lake Powell someday. I have never been there! Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete