Wednesday, June 20, 2012

4 (for reals)

Caden had his "real" fourth birthday last week.  After explaining to him at least 16 times that he was not turning 5, I finally gave up.  He did have a pretty good argument--"You said everybody only gets one birthday and I already had Star Wars party."    This day was much more low-key.  I just wanted to have a fun, relaxed time with my now 4 year old.

We spent the morning at the park...

And swam all afternoon. This boy loves swimming.  It's the first thing he asks for each morning and every 5 minutes throughout the day until it is time to go.  I have no idea where or when I got this swimming suit, but he insists on wearing it every day.  He calls it his diver suit.



 For dinner I told Caden we could have whatever he wanted...until he said hot dogs.  
I talked him into pork tacos instead.


Some funny things Caden is doing/saying now:
He hears things on movies and tries to say them, but ends up doing it incorrectly.  For example, "Face it, dad!".... and then storms off.   Or "I swear pancakes!!" (or Target or pants or socks or picking up...)

He gave his first talk in Primary and made a sound effect (he was telling the story of Jonah and the whale and made a gulping noise when the whale swallowed Jonah).  He wanted to re-live that moment over and over...he was so excited the kids thought he was funny.

Some times he leaves me wondering who is in charge.  For example, at lunch if Chad takes a bite of my sandwich and I say, "Hey!" Caden feels the need to jump in and referee, "Mom, you need to share, and dad--get your own sandwich."


3 comments:

  1. Yeah Dad, get your own sandwich.

    LOL

    I love him - I think Maya would have a blast with him.
    I wish they could play together. It makes me sad they can't!

    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that he is so stinking cute!! Its fun to see their personalities come out more and more. Can't wait to see you guys.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a cutie! I wish we could get all our kiddos together....but it's enough of a miracle to get us together!!

    ReplyDelete