Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Camping








Over Chad's Spring Break, we took an overnight camping trip to a spot not far from our house. I was really surprised at how beautiful it was up there. The campground was empty, which we thought was great. However, the sun went down shortly after we arrived and I realized why no one was there...it was freezing! On top of that, I'd forgotten my coat. Chad didn't have a coat either, but that was on purpose--he didn't need one. He kindly donated his wool socks and extra sweatshirt to me (though what was he supposed to do when I came out of the tent wearing them?)
It was a long, cold night--I spent most of it awake worrying about Caden being too cold and debating if I had to go to the bathroom bad enough to leave my sleeping bag. Poor Chad was in a light summer sleeping bag, and ended up climbing in with Caden at six a.m.
The next morning Chad and Cade got up to make us breakfast and I got in Caden's bag. Suddenly I couldn't believe I'd spent any time/energy/sleep worrying if he was warm enough--he was definitely sleeping in luxury using Chad's brand new bag! No wonder he was so bright eyed and cheery.
We debated staying another night but ended up leaving after lunch. As soon as we got home a downpour began, and we found out there was snow where we'd been.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Wow, an adventure. Hope you've recovered! (And there was only ONE picture of cute pregnant Michelle!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, you are such a trooper, camping while pregnant, way to go!!
    Colby, has been asking when he can go to Caden's house to play, we miss you and want to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun family adventure - sooo glad you didn't get caught in the snow!

    ReplyDelete