Friday, March 4, 2011

Caden says

To tell my parents we're expecting another baby, I whispered to Caden to tell Grandma there's a baby in his mom's tummy. He immediately lifted up my shirt to check it out. Seeing nothing there, he must have figured I got it wrong. He whispered to my mom, "There's a baby in Mary's tummy." I was just happy that our repetitive nativity acting during FHE paid off!


He now loves the words "probably" and "actually"

Me: Caden, it's time to get in the bath.
Caden: No, I probably OK.

On the way to church (he was wearing a sweater vest over a collared shirt) "Actually, mom, I have a big problem. I forgot my tie."


This morning he was talking about being a good guy who saves the day. I said, "I'm going to save the day."
He replied, "No, mom. I save the day. And...you're a girl. I a boy-I save the day."

My parents came to visit this weekend. I came downstairs one morning to find him reclined, with his legs up on the couch, eating a piece of bread. Every few bites, he'd pull a piece off, announce "garbage" and throw it on the ground. What shocked me even more is that my mom commenced to pick up each of these pieces and throw them away for him! It was a rough awakening for him when grandma wasn't around to take care.

My dad and Caden are buddies. At one point (it may have been when Cade was eating my dad's chocolate raisins for breakfast), my dad called to me from the other room, "Michelle? Can you come in here and tell him no? He keeps asking me, 'please, please, please, grandpa' and I can't turn him down."

The other thing I'm loving right now is how Caden greets everybody. At the park, the library, the grocery store, he says, "Hey! You want to know my name? Caden Wallace Schow. I'm 2."

And playing with a toy dragon he said, "Your name is Bad Dragon Wallace Schow."


5 comments:

  1. He is sooo cute! I love hearing the funny things he says. What a fun, sweet little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm ACTUALLY he's PROBABLY the cutest little boy EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darling is he?! Actually is one of Dal's favorite words too! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so stinkin cute! And he TOTALLY looks like Chad in the top picture. Don't you love Grandpa's inability to tell grandkids no...like last night when Jon's dad kept giving Bennett "caffiene free" Coke. He kept reassuring me it was caffiene free, I think he missed the point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He cracks me up!!! Love that little boy!!!

    ReplyDelete