Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life On Arrow Road

What does Life On Arrow Road look like you might wonder? Come on in, let me give you a tour.

When you first walk in the door, you enter our living room.



I love the openness of this room. And the fireplace that we hide behind the couch (who needs a fire place in So. Cal?)

Here is the view when I am sitting on the stairs, looking down.


Off of our front room, we have a mud/coat area with two closests and this bathroom. I post this picture so you will see that the toilet lid fits on the toilet tank. It didn't when we first moved in. Chad and his dad invested a good amount of elbow grease to make it the way it is now. Be grateful for the little things in life, I learned, like a toilet tank lid.



A huge improvement to our lives has come in the form of the garage. Chad said I shouldn't post this picture, since the garage is messy. I had to show our brand new washer and dryer. We got such a great deal on them, considering they retail for 2500 (if you want to know how much, call me. Or, call my sister cause she got the same set!)thanks to Jon at RC Willey. Go see him, and tell him you're my friend.



Going upstairs, you'll see Cade's bathroom (not shown) and his bedroom.



If you come to stay with us, you'll probably sleep in the craft/guest/library/storage/toy room. After uploading the pictures, I realized I should have cleared off my craft desk. I was in the middle of a project this day. Oh well. You wanted to see life in it's true form here, right?



This is the master bathroom (with Cade playing in the toilet.) Notice the double sink. It creates problems because Chad wants to assign "his" and "her" (i.e. yours and mine) sides, but I prefer to use whichever is closest, clear, clean or convenient. We've bought the paint for this bathroom to be a sage green. I can't wait.



Here is our bedroom. I took a picture of our walk in closet, but decided to bypass it since my running clothes were on the floor, and Chad's pajamas on the shelf. Use your imagination for the closet. It's nice.





Standing at the foot of my bed, off of our bedroom is an extra room. (You can see our bathroom down the hall, as well as the door to the hallway and the door to our closet on the left. It's like our own little suite up there.)



Chad's loft is where he spends most of his time studying. It has a huge whiteboard for him to diagram animals, and posters of dog breeds on the wall.


We're almost done with the tour. Here is our kitchen. I didn't take a picture of our "dining area" off our our kithen. I love everything about my kitchen: the countertops, the wood floor, the sink, the dishwasher (it's greatly improved my quality of life), the tree outside, the large window, and the glass cabinets that will one day show off my fine china. Right now, they show off matching Target dishes and a selection of my favorite cookbooks. I couldn't be happier.





And by the way, does anyone know where to take Blogger lessons? I want to enroll Chad. I asked him to upload some pictures of our house, so I could edit and caption them (wasn't that enjoyable), and by the time I caught him, he'd posted several different posts with 1 picture each. The titles started out as "garage" and "nice kitchen" but evolved into "Chad is the best" and "Chad loves Michelle". I have to agree about both statements.

5 comments:

  1. MICHELLE!!! Holy cow your house is so nice!!! I bet you just love having so much space. Oh and the washer and dryer so nice and so jealous!!! Wow it looks like you guys are having so much fun. Cade is walking YIPPY!!!! HOw is Cali? I miss you!!!!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new home!!! Can't wait to come and visit it sometime soon... You better come visit us also... although our home isn't as nice as yours, or kid-proof... Maybe one day we'll get there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to making many wonderful meals in your very wonderful kitchen. Shall we do dinner Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ready for a new kitchen!!! Yours is so much fun! I love the house tour. I remember Chad getting into tubes of lipstick more than once so watch out! Kids are so much fun! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Its darling! Michelle, I love, Love, LOVE your kitchen! Its amazing! I want one. ;)

    I love all the pictures of Cade, too! He is such a handsome little guy. I'm glad you are moved in and everything worked out. And I'm glad you are blogging again! I missed you. A lot.

    ReplyDelete