Thursday, July 9, 2015

Summer!!

The day after school got out was probably the best first day of summer ever.

That afternoon Caden had his last soccer game of the season.  His team, the "Laser Cougars" went on a 7 game losing streak at the beginning of the season when they never scored a goal.  It was disheartening to say the least, and it took some serious pick-me-up talks to keep the kids going.  The two games before this last one their team actually scored a goal and the way the parents cheered...you'd have thought it was the world cup.  I'm sure the other team's parents were wondering why in the world we were so excited about a goal in first grade soccer!  Especially when it only brought the score to 7-1 instead of 7-0!

Caden had been practicing every night in our back yard.  Sometimes he'd play against me and sometimes Chad.  It all paid off when this happened:





It actually looked like he knew what he was doing, too...the ball didn't just bounce off his elbow and roll into the goal or anything.  The best part was my parents and Chad's parents were both there to celebrate!








After the Laser Cougar's big win we went to the neighborhood party to end all neighborhood parties.  All of the families in the neighborhood chipped in a donation and one family planned/hosted the event.


That is two bounce houses, a dunk tank, sno cones, a foam machine and water balloon games. Plus, we ate BBQ dinner with so many yummy sides.  It was such a fun afternoon and evening and left us with no doubt that we really do live in the best neighborhood ever.

Chad and Rob taking a turn at the sno cone machine.  Right after this picture, Chad started throwing "snow balls" at people resulting in a huge water fight.  Somehow he stayed dry through it!


Bryce showing me how many sno cones he'd eaten. 





Caden loved the dunk tank:




The party ended around 9:30 and Chad took the kids home while I stayed to help do dishes for awhile.  When I walked home around 10, Chad looked out the window and asked where Bryce was.  "I thought you had him!"  "No, I thought you had him!"  "You are joking." "I am so serious--are you joking??"  After this went on for a minute, I walked back and found Bryce sitting on a rock just waiting for me to come get him.  Middle child. 

 It was a small hiccup in an otherwise awesome summer day.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! Oh Bryce! I love it. Poor middle child. :)

    ReplyDelete