Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First Day of First Grade

The first day of school is here!  It doesn't seem like that long ago that I literally sat down and counted out how many weeks until the end of summer--wondering what we were going to do every day!  Somehow we filled up every minute (most of them at the city pool) and now it's time for Caden to head back to school.

I told Chad last night that Caden didn't know what was coming.  No matter how many times I explained to him the concept of being at school all day, he never really caught on..."So will I eat lunch at home, then go back to school?"  or "What about in the afternoon--where do I go then?"

I could hardly get Caden to eat any breakfast, and at one point, I caught him with his eyes crossed, saying it helped him not be nervous.



He had on his new shoes--tied and double knotted all by himself, and his wishes came true when it was raining so he got to wear his new Batman sweatshirt.








 I wasn't feeling too sad at all until this moment: Caden saying good-bye to Bryce. And then I lost it.   Because while I am fairly certain that I can survive all day without Caden, I am not sure at all about Bryce.


As Caden walked into his school, there was a huge balloon arch for students and the principal, staff and PTA lined the sidewalk giving all the kids high fives and cheering for each one.  

Next year, I think they need to do that for the moms and little brothers instead.

3 comments:

  1. Dal starts a week from tomorrow. I'm dreading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me tear up! --I'm in trouble for when I have kids! haha and I think I'll lose it when Bryce starts school, too... he needs to stay this age forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, so precious. Hope you are surviving without him. It's so sad when they are gone all day.

    ReplyDelete