Monday, April 28, 2014

April Fools 2014


Caden lives for April Fool's day.  He asks all year long when that joke day will be.  And he's not the only one who loves the holiday...by the time I woke-up that morning, there was shampoo in my toothbrush, garlic in my waffles and seran wrap on every toilet in our house (thank you, Chad).

Unfortunately, I had a sinus cold that day and I really wasn't feeling the April Fool's spirit.  I tried to be a good sport, but by the 9th time that Caden brought me a "drink" of vinegar-pepper-lemon juice-garlic powder I had to really stretch to come up with any reaction.  It doesn't help that he still doesn't totally get it and thinks splashing a cup of water on me was another fun joke.  I did find the energy to take the boys to WalMart and buy flarp.  But, as you can imagine, even that grew old for me quickly.

Needless to say, I was ready for Chad to come home. Because even though that meant even more jokes and tricks, at least it wasn't on me.  Caden and Bryce spent a good 40 minutes engineering this string contraption in our bathroom and closet.  They were so proud of themselves.  And it was cute that Caden told me at least 10x not to hold Tessa while walking in my bathroom.  I took a video that night of Chad "tripping" in the closet for the boys.


And the best part of all this was that the next morning was April 2nd...364 days until I have get to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment