Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The big K


The big day came for Caden to start Kindergarten.  It wasn't too big of a deal for me--maybe because I was a teacher or because he's going to the school where my mom teaches--but I was really pretty excited for him to go.

When we talked about the first day of school and how excited we'd both be, he said, "But you're going to cry, huh, mom."  I sure did, but mostly it was all a very fun day.

                                       
We started the morning at the park, then went out to lunch.  Before school started we walked into the school where we ran into some familiar faces.




They had a little gathering before school started where they had "kleenexes and cookies" and you could have a picture with the Valley View Hawk.



Caden got right in line when the bell rang.  As soon as his teacher came he assumed good student position and never broke form.  Even if he had an itch, he'd keep his arms folded while he scratched it.   That is definitely my genes--we'll see how long til the other side comes out.



The teacher read a story to the class about a raccoon on his first day of school getting a special good bye kiss from his mom (cue a few tears) before she asked the parents to give a special good bye kiss to their students and head out.  In the short time I was there, I can already pick out the squirrly kids and the trouble makers, and thankfully Caden was neither.  Of course, I'm his mom--what else would I say?



The last thing he told me was, "I'll love you forever, mom."  It's in writing now and he can never take it back.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm dying! He looks so grown up! Just pray he takes your route and not Chris' when it comes to school haha! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not gonna lie, Mihaila, I just cried reading this post. Dallin starts in a week...he had his assessment today and he was so disappointed to learn that tomorrow isn't his first day! But sadly, his teacher doesn't want parents to come in...just give them a kiss goodbye at the kindergarten door and leave 'em. Just that thought makes me want to cry.....
    He's SO darling with his arms all folded!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh so sweet!!!!!

    We are starting preK next week, and I think she'll do two years of preK because I don't want to do kindergarten. Eek. So sad. You've got me crying too!

    We don't even walk them to the classroom for preK, we drop them off in the carpool line! That's gotta be great for traffic accidents, all those mommy's tears, driving away from school!

    xoxoox
    He's the cutest kid ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a cute kid and a really good boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting. I was wondering if he would be going to your Moms school. So much fun! He is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that he is in Kindergarten. i wondered if he'd be going to your moms school, why I don't know just a thought that passed through my head yesterday in fact. He's so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! First day of Kindergarten is a big day! I totally cried when Isabelle had her first day. He's growing up!

    ReplyDelete