Thursday, June 16, 2011

I still have ankles...and other good pregnancy news.

36 weeks, and baby is right around the corner! Though my feet and ankles are not swelling yet, my cheekbones have disappeared to a puffy, pregnant face. There's a good would-you-rather-question: Would you rather lose your ankles or cheekbones?

At Costco, a guy stopped me in the parking lot to ask how far along I am. I told him just about a month left. He told me I was "tiny" and that it looked like I still had 3 months left. I told my mom about this, calling it a "random act of kindness". She corrected me saying it was a "random act of genius comment by a quick-thinking man".

At the doctor today, he did an ultra-sound to confirm baby is head down and there is plenty of fluid. Everything is looking good!


Yeah, I definitely wouldn't call that "tiny".

5 comments:

  1. I always hated going to church the last 6 weeks of pregnancy because pretty much that is when I start to look done or "over done" and silly people make comments. It's always such a hard thing to know what to say. I hated it when I felt like people were lying to me, but at the same time I didn't want anyone to tell me I looked as big as I was.

    I know this pregnancy probably hasn't flown by for you, but it sure has for me because I haven't been around you to see your cute baby belly grow! Yay for the end being in sight! Oh, and P.S. I LOVE that dress! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all in the eye of the beholder. You may feel huge, but I'm willing to bet most people (me included) don't think you look it! I'm so excited for the baby to get here! I have some cute things to send your way...except I need to find out if it's a boy or a girl! (I'm not secure enough in my guess of girl to start putting together pink things!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!
    If I looked like you NOW I would be happy! ( :

    I LOVE baby bumps... just not on me. Yours is darling.

    Enjoy your last few weeks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Shell! Swollen face,definitely, less painful!!! (Plus every woman has a slightly puffy face after having the baby!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think he must have been looking at your bum and arms...because those are tiny. You baby bump...maybe not so much. Can a&b and I drive down with mom and dad? I can't wait to see that baby! Tell chad it is pay back for not letting me come see you in the hospital last time. Now your house is going to be the baby welcoming gourley hotel!

    ReplyDelete