Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting my craft on.

My favorite jeans got a hole in the knee. I turned them into maternity cut-offs


For Christmas I got the quilting foot attachment for my sewing machine. Of course the first project I attempted was a huge quilt that I pieced together last October. Not bad for my first ever quilting attempt.


I also wanted to make some single flannel receiving blankets. I just folded the edge twice and quilted around the border to hold it down. So cute!


The bird pillow I made last fall, but when my friend Nicole was in town she helped me make the puffy yarn ball pillow. We had so much fun making it and I love how it turned out.


Also on Nicole and I's todo list was hot pads. We ran out of time and I had to finish this project solo. The blue is made out of home decor fabric...it's almost like canvas. The yellow pocket is just simple cotton.


Some Valentine's decorations

8 comments:

  1. super cute stuff. i need new pillows bad. those have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hot pad. I am so coming back to make one for myself.

    The quilt looks amazing. Congratulations on finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you need to start a craft blog, I need to come over so you can teach me how to do all of this fun stuff. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I please be invited to a Nicole/Michelle weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented! I LOVE the quilt you made! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh this is so awesome! You are so talented! We should craft together and you can give me some good ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you!! I am so impressed way to go!

    ReplyDelete