Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Caden says

Sometimes Caden is sensitive. Once he was helping me in the kitchen and dropped two eggs on the floor. After they shattered, he cried for over an hour. I could not get him to stop screaming. Because of this we say around our house a lot, "Don't worry. It's not a big deal."
This backfired on me the other day when I asked him to take off his dirty shoes as he was climbing up to sit by me on the couch. "Don't worry, mom. It's no big deal," he says.

Driving in the car today Chad and I were teaching him "Who took the cookies from the cookie jar." After going through daddy, mommy, we said, "Caden took the cookies from the cookie jar." Instead of the prompted, "Who me?" He solemnly told us, "I made a bad choice." Apparently he didn't get that we were pretending.

The other day he told me his first ever made up story. It started when Caden and I were sitting on the couch and a spider crawled on the pillow. Chad took the pillow to the hardwood floor, Caden brought him a tissue and Chad killed the spider. Simple enough?
We have relived this story over and over. Caden always wants to talk about it, retell it, or act it out. One day we were going over it yet again when Caden added his own piece to the story, "The spider say, 'No! No mash me. I a nice spider!'" I loved his first ever piece of fiction.

Tonight while eating dinner I took a break to tell Chad a story. Caden felt it his job to warn me, "Mom, the bad guys are going to come eat your dinner." Where does he come up with this?

3 comments:

  1. I love all of the "Cade-isms" - so funny! Where do they come up with this stuff?! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I could get my son to say "I made a bad choice!!!" :) He is SO cute, Michelle. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still laughing about this...and it's been at least a week since I read it. His mother must be a special ed teacher! :)

    ReplyDelete