Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Alaska: Food


This picture was taken within 20 minutes of us getting on the ship. That's right...the first thing we did was find the food.

Let's talk cruise! My parents took Chad and I on the Inside Passage Alaskan cruise. I'm going to do a series of posts about the trip.
It seems like whenever anyone talks about their cruise, food always comes up. Let's go ahead and get this out of the way so we can discuss the more important aspects of our trip.

To sum up the food I'd use two words: weight gain. And plenty of it. I would show before/after pictures, but my pride will not allow it.

Our server would bring us two entree's each, and was always showing up with multiple desserts to try.

My mom was NOT so sure about the escargot:

I don't think the two thumbs up were sincere. She was humoring the waiter.



My favorite was the night they served crab. After eating two servings for a main course, I went ahead and ordered it again for dessert as well.


Looking snazzy for formal night:



My other favorite was the dessert extravaganza. Can you blame me?







Next up...the entire reason we bought a new camera for the trip!

1 comment:

  1. This post brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful.

    I would have loved to have been there. I love escargot . . . and dessert for that matter.

    What more important aspect of your trip could you have?

    ReplyDelete