Sunday, December 20, 2009

Testing week

Just today Chad finished his last final. Yea! We have a husband and a dad again. One morning this week, after Caden hadn't seen Chad at all the day before, he ran into our room and yelled, "Da, da, da, da" over and over. I lost count when he'd said it 60 times. We were laughing so hard at how excited he was.

Last October, Chad's testing week came during conference weekend. So on Saturday, while Chad was on campus, Caden and I were at home alone. Being alone with Caden for that long, I sort of run out of tricks and entertainment. I say this as a precursor to the fact that I let him play with a roll of ceran wrap for most of the afternoon. Judge me all you want--it kept him busy for a good 2 hours. And yes, those are his pajamas at 4:00 in the afternoon. A conference weekend/midterm week combo calls for all sorts of rule breaking.



2 comments:

  1. clever trick! I'll have to remember that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you notice in my last post, Maya is wearing jammies in almost every single picture! ( :

    No judging going on here!! You are SUCH a great mommy!!

    AND YEAH FOR BEING DONE WITH FINALS!!!
    Enjoy your time together! Daddys are the BEST.

    ReplyDelete